CO World Language Standards
Standard 1: Communication other than English.
- 1.1 Initiate, sustain, and conclude conversations (written or oral) in a variety of situations based on familiar and unfamiliar vocabulary and learned grammatical structures (interpersonal mode).
- 1.2 Comprehend spoken or written language in a variety of situations based on familiar vocabulary and learned grammatical structures (interpretive mode).
- 1.3 Present (written or oral) on variety of familiar topics, using familiar vocabulary and learned grammatical structures (presentation mode).
- Standard 2: Knowledge and Understanding of other Cultures.
Standard 2: Culture
- 2.1 Draw conclusions using a personal understanding of the perspectives and practices of the cultures studied.
- 2.2 Examine how the perspectives of people who speak the target language are reflected in the products.
Standard 3: Connections with other disciplines and information acquisition.
- 3.1 Assess the usefulness of information gathered from target language resources for application in other content areas.
- 3.2 Examine information and viewpoints present in authentic resources.3.1 Examine information and viewpoints present in authentic resources.
Standard 4: Comparison to Develop Insight into the Nature of Language and Culture.
- 4.1 Recognize how the significance of the similarities and differences between the target language and the student’s own language provides insight into the structure of their own languages.
- 4.2 Compare the similarities and differences between the target culture(s) and the student’s own culture.